Bluffton High School is an above average, public school located in Bluffton, IN. It has 443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bluffton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+74 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+55 Students
- A54 Students
- B33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B20 Students
- B-20 Students
- NG19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Bluffton High School
- B+South Adams High School
- South Adams Schools, IN
- 91 reviews
- BNorwell High School
- Northern Wells Community Schools, IN
- 115 reviews
- BAdams Central High School
- Adams Central Community Schools, IN
- 62 reviews
- B+Bellmont Senior High School
- North Adams Community Schools, IN
- 88 reviews
Bluffton High School Reviews
Almost every teacher I have encountered at Bluffton High School are very passionate about what they do. They live for the "ah-ha" moment given when a student finally understands the topic. There are several different personalities and teaching styles, but every different style and perspective prepares each student for the outside world. It is impossible to agree or get along with everyone, but even with disagreements the teachers at Bluffton High School give each student the upmost respect.
Bluffton High School has such a family based atmosphere, that makes every student feel at home. The teachers and administration put a lot of effort into making relationships with the students to make them feel comfortable in every aspect. Many of my favorite memories have come from high school, but I wouldn't necessarily say that I would like to experience high school from start to finish again only because I am excited to use what I have learned in the past four years in my daily "adult" life. If I stay in the area after college, I would definitely like to send my future children to Bluffton High School.
There are several clubs and organizations at Bluffton High School; however, the level of commitment given by the band is incredible. I hear them practice every night from my house. They all put in so many hours to improve their skill, and they probably receive the least amount of credit. They practice for 3 hours MINIMUM each day, and ninety percent of the members are excellent students. It seems like they are competing close to every weekend. The Bluffton Bengal Brigade, by far, is the most dedicated to what they do.