Bluestone High School is a public school located in Skipwith, VA. It has 551 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bluestone High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B52 Students
- B-51 Students
- A47 Students
- B+45 Students
- A+35 Students
- C+35 Students
- A-27 Students
- B25 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Bluestone High School Reviews
Outside of the Governor's school program, there is little in Bluestone that prepares students for college. Notwithstanding, the administration is trying to implement an AP program so there is some improvement in the quality of the education. The school is not very clean and absolutely needs work there. Two positive things about Bluestone are the teachers and the existence of clubs and sports which make attending Bluestone tollerable.
Bluestone is a very poor school so they make due with what they have. The teachers are just like any other teachers. I like the sports program at Bluestone. Bluestone has very good student athletes that don’t get into a lot of trouble. I would like the restrooms to be fixed. Some of the toilet seats are broken and they flood easily. There is also writing all over the stall doors and walls. The hallways and classrooms are always dirty. Some classrooms even have mold. The doors going into the schools are broken as well. What I like about Bluestone is that they offer a bunch of extracurricular activities. Chess club, Beta, Sports, Spanish Club, Robotics, and a bunch of other clubs are offered at this school.
I would like to see the academics become more challenging! I would like to see more clubs and organizations. Also, the teachers should be more qualified. There should be better resources. There should also be better resources for students going on to college. They should offer college ready courses to better prepare students for college.