Blue Water Middle College Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Port Huron, MI. It has 313 students in grades 9-12. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B28 Students
- C+24 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- B8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
- A7 Students
- B-7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Blue Water Middle College Academy
- NGVirtual Learning Academy of St. Clair County
- Online School
- Marysville, MI
- B-Landmark Academy
- Public School
- Kimball, MI
- 38 reviews
- BMarysville High School
- Marysville Public Schools, MI
- 107 reviews
- BPort Huron Northern High School
- Port Huron Area School District, MI
- 176 reviews
Blue Water Middle College Academy Reviews
Blue Water Middle College Academy has been a wonderful experience throughout my time in the program. It has allowed me to take college courses at St. Clair County Community College while still attending some high school classes, as well as truly experiencing high school and college life. The staff is excellent and committed to the students and are always available for questions and those seeking guidance about their future plans. They form relationships with the students and genuinely care about them and their success. There is not much I would change about the program or how the staff runs it, but if I had to pick one thing, it would be to let students have a little more personal responsibility when it comes to learning about the campus and college courses. Overall, I would highly recommend the program.
This school partnered with a local community college to provide even more extracurricular events and groups for students to participate in. Students were given the opportunity to participate in student body government, team sports, as well as a variety of clubs. In particular, the school offered a drama club that put on productions of many different kinds of plays for the public. Administrative support was excellent, especially in areas of writing and mathematics; these two categories had their own designated resource centers where students could receive additional help on homework and studying tips.
This school was integral to my college experience. By offering college level courses to high school students, I was able to get ahead of many other students my age in a very competitive job environment. Because of this, I would definitely chose to attend this school again had I the opportunity to do it all over. My favorite experience involving this school happened after rather than during my time there. It was at my college orientation when I had the most transfer credits among the variety of incoming freshman, like myself. This school had a lot to offer, and I feel I took advantage of these opportunities. Because of this, I am ahead of the game already working towards my Bachelor degree.