Blue Ridge High School
- Lakeside, AZ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Blue Ridge High School is an above average, public school located in Lakeside, AZ. It has 672 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Blue Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B203 Students
- grade A minus166 Students
- grade A159 Students
- grade B minus96 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade B28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Sporting events28%
- Graphic Design Class13%
- Art class9%
- Sign Language9%
- Student Council9%
- Chess tournaments3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,165 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Blue Ridge High School Reviews
Rating 3.61 out of 5 168 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Blue Ridge High School offers some good benefits to their students even when the school board doesn't have the funds to accomplish some things. Most of our funds can only go to certain academic classes and extracurricular activities and sports. This can become a struggle sometimes when other aspects of the school need the money more. Frequently we have problems with pipes and have to close down some parts of the school, like bathrooms, or we have to shut down the electricity in some hallways that don't have windows, so it gets dark sometimes. Other than the ceilings falling down and cracking apart, the school can only do so much. They still try their best to make the students have a fun experience throughout their high school career. They do assemblies and fun activities during the games to try to boost the spirits of students who may be going through a rough time. The teachers are always there to help you and support you through your struggles as well.
Blue Ridge is a great small-town school. It has many clubs, sports, and programs which makes it easy to get involved. Personally I have participated in a total of four sports over the years and also get to participate in an engineering club and choir/theatre. The honors/AP teachers are all excellent and challenging. Because of the small student body, there are lots of chances for one on one time with the teachers to really grasp concepts. There are weak points in the school as would be expected from a small school with minimal funding, however it is very good overall.
I have gone to high school at Blue Ridge and I have really enjoyed every minute of it! I couldn’t think of a better school to spend four years of my life at.