Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Blue Hill High School is an above average, public school located in Blue Hill, NE. It has 152 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Blue Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+10 Students
- B10 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Blue Hill High School Reviews
My experience in this school overall has been really good. I have an experience, more like a tragedy that happened with our school. About 4 years ago we and a really bad bus accident and lost two students and one bus driver, and a semi driver who was a good friend and well known by everyone. The two students that we were very great students who left an impact on many lives, same with the bus driver and the semi driver. The reason why I am telling you this is because when it happened I could not believe how our school came together and we overcame all this, not just as a school but as family. We had parents, friends, councilers that came and supported us! In that moment we became a closer community and more of a family friendly school.
Most of my teachers are great. They most always try to keep all us involved and keep the students active. I would like to say that all my teachers are all great but I cant because there are some that either have their favorites or they just do not teach very, but for the most part my teachers are awesome. They are really good about not making you feel dumb when you ask a question. Most try to make the classes fun and interesting, even when it is something really difficult like math or chemistry. They are very supportive of all the students in our decisions big or small. My teachers are Awesome!
I have attended several high schools. This one is, overall, satisfactory. The administration is the best I have ever experienced.