Bloomsburg Area High School is an above average, public school located in Bloomsburg, PA. It has 411 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Bloomsburg Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-38 Students
- A37 Students
- A31 Students
- B+25 Students
- C+24 Students
- B23 Students
- A+21 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Bloomsburg Area High School
- B+Southern Columbia High School
- Southern Columbia Area School District, PA
- 59 reviews
- ACentral Columbia Senior High School
- Central Columbia School District, PA
- 136 reviews
- B-Berwick Area High School
- Berwick Area School District, PA
- 154 reviews
- A-Danville Area Senior High School
- Danville Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
Bloomsburg Area High School Reviews
We are united, and the student gets along with each other. All the teacher care about you and I'm super glad that I was able to attend such an excellent school. The school is not good at preparing you for the SAT, so you need to do your studying on your own!
Bloomsburg Area High School has been changing a lot in recent years with the replacement of administration. Promises have been made, but not kept. The previous administration was a lot more interactive with the students and cared more about our needs and wishes. We are now less informed about things and I do not think it is the best school around. Things could be improved by the administration taking the students' more into consideration with their plans and changes. The staff seems to also have problems with the new administration and I hope for everyone's sake things get better soon. Some things should not always be prioritized over others.
It was very general high school experience. There weren't never ending issues with bullying or violence. We were able to take classes like Anatomy and Physiology or Biology II. The teachers are knowledgeable about their subjects, and we receive a good education. The biggest challenge at this school now involves some of the administration, such as the current principal and superintendent, who have both been publicly criticized for their handling of a recent violent threat to the school made by a student.