Bloomingdale High School is a public, magnet school located in Bloomingdale, MI. It has 652 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Bloomingdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+50 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-21 Students
- C-18 Students
- B14 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Bloomingdale High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Bloomingdale High School
- B-Lawrence Junior/Senior High School
- Lawrence Public Schools, MI
- 39 reviews
- B-Lawton High School
- Lawton Community School District, MI
- 20 reviews
- B-Kalamazoo Central High School
- Kalamazoo Public Schools, MI
- 239 reviews
- B-Allegan High School
- Allegan Public Schools, MI
- 122 reviews
Bloomingdale High School Reviews
Overall, Bloomingdale High School is an alright school, the facilities are alright, there are a good amount of classes on offer and the teachers are great. There are a decent amount of clubs and there are a lot of private scholarships offered through Bloomingdale. However, there are also some problems with Bloomingdale. I feel that the school focuses too much on sports, there is an amazing and expensive football field there but most classes don't use textbooks because they are out of date and can't afford to buy more. Bloomingdale does not do a good job in supporting LGBTQ+ students. I have a friend who is bullied for being transgender and the administration refuses to do anything to try to help the situation. The administration also has a lot of favoritism, when it comes to students and to the staff
What I loved about this school are the teachers that you have. You are able to become friends with them and they are all wanting to help you achieve in High School so that you can go on to college. My school also believes in the idea, Be the CHANGE, meaning be someone who is willing to make a difference around your community and those you meet around you. Which is something that the students learn about it and do activities that help them Be the CHANGE.
I love this school. It's a great experience and the teachers actually act like they care about your problems and try to help you solve them. The one thing I would complain about is the programs. There's not enough programs for all students to be involved in something. I wish there were more students attending so we could get more after school programs.