Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Blooming Prairie Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Blooming Prairie, MN. It has 334 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Blooming Prairie Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B29 Students
- A+20 Students
- B20 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A6 Students
- A-6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Blooming Prairie Secondary School
- B-Triton High School
- Triton Public School District, MN
- 17 reviews
- BOwatonna Senior High School
- Owatonna Public School District, MN
- 237 reviews
- B-Hayfield Secondary School
- Hayfield Public School District, MN
- 50 reviews
- BAustin Senior High School
- Austin Public School District, MN
- 229 reviews
Blooming Prairie Secondary School Reviews
The best thing about Blooming Prairie Secondary Schoo, is that you get to know the teachers so well and they always make it a point to make sure that you are doing the best of your ability. Since it is a small town we get to know every one of our classmates and it is one big family. The biggest bonus of going to Blooming Prairie Secondary School is the community has such a big impact of what happens with our school. For being a small town we get a ton of opportunities, whether it's seeing the possibilities outside of our small town or even joining the club or sport that's right for you!
My overall experience at Blooming Prairie Secondary School was excellent. The staff is very friendly; they want to help you and see you succeed in the future. They put in extra work outside of the school to make sure you fully understand what they are teaching. You form a relationship with the staff members by the time you are a senior. Blooming Prairie Secondary School also does a very nice job preparing you for college. They offer many different college credit courses in different subjects. Those college courses are going to help a ton in college. The only thing they could improve on would be the food, but I think every high school can most likely improve on that.
The community at BPHS is so involved & everyone is like a family. Most of the teachers care about students academic and personal growth. They have helped the students prepare for whatever life throws at the. They truly help us to blossom. The activities that the school has are fairly developed. However, because of the size of the school there is not an abundance of activities such as student government. I would hope to see more volunteer work opportunities and more places for students to support each other.