Bloomfield High School is an above average, public school located in Bloomfield, NJ. It has 1,918 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Bloomfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B311 Students
- A205 Students
- B-166 Students
- A-154 Students
- A-127 Students
- B+110 Students
- A+108 Students
- A-107 Students
- B99 Students
- B98 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Bloomfield High School
- B+Hackensack High School
- Hackensack School District, NJ
- 337 reviews
- B+Teaneck Senior High School
- Teaneck School District, NJ
- 241 reviews
- B-Arts High School
- Newark Public School District, NJ
- 166 reviews
- B+Roselle Park High School
- Roselle Park Board of Education, NJ
- 94 reviews
Bloomfield High School Reviews
Bloomfield High School is an establishment notorious for the diversity it harbors. Aside from having a beautifully diverse student body, Bloomfield High School is run by an excellent staff team that never fails to administer effective policies that keep students ahead of the game and out of trouble. The teachers are phenomenal. Each one has their own unique teaching style that keeps students engaged in the material being taught. In addition to this, most teachers are always available after school in case students need one-on-one help with their homework or have questions about what was taught in class. In my personal opinion, a strong staff team and amazing teachers play a critical role in making one's high school years an unparalleled experience. Thus, I can safely say that my high school years were the best.
I loved attending Bloomfield High School because of the many opportunities I had to learn, grow, and experience. I have gotten an amazing education, being in AP's and honors all four years, and involved myself in sports and community service as well. My high school also was the mixing pot of New Jersey, having every nationality, race, and religion you could think of. It has shaped us all to be respectful people, and growing up in a town with so much diversity, I consider myself lucky because I know I might never get this again. Bloomfield High School also had great teachers who have really helped me along the way, and also influenced me greatly. I owe a lot of my academic success to Bloomfield High School, and will always be very thankful and lucky for this experience.
It was a typical high school experience. There were lots of sports, awesome advisors, super fun proms and pep rallies, academic opportunities were abundant and many memories made that will never be forgotten!