Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Blind Brook High School is a top rated, public school located in Rye Brook, NY. It has 468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Blind Brook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+66 Students
- grade A+56 Students
- grade A+54 Students
- grade A minus47 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A+36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Painting a rock with the seniors names on it29%
- School Shows18%
- Spring break trip18%
- Senior prank12%
- Senior Scavenger Hunt12%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$28,102 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Blind Brook High School
- grade A+North Shore Senior High School
- North Shore Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 138 reviews
- grade A+Cold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.17 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 112 reviews
- grade A+New Canaan High School
- New Canaan School District, CT
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 183 reviews
Blind Brook High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 52 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Blind Brook High School was an amazing experience for me. The classes and teachers were so helpful and definitely prepared me for each upcoming year. Extra classes are being added to Blind Brook so that there are more options for students to choose from, which can possibly lead to finding a new passion or future career. I would want to see a change in the number of students attending Blind Brook, the school is really small which causes only around one hundred students to be in each grade, this can be hard for people who move here to make new friends since everyone has known each other since kindergarten. Overall, Blind Brook was a really great high school that taught me a lot and made me feel safe coming into school every day.
Academically, Blind Brook is one of the best schools. The academics are top-notch and very few high schools are as good as Blind Brook academically. Adding on, the facilities are also very nice and the building is very built. Blind Brook is a very small school, so obvious the school will not be as diverse as other big public schools. However, the students are very nice and welcoming. Most teachers are very nice individuals, but some have very poor teaching methods. Since Blind Brook is one of the best high schools academically, there is a competitive environment around the school. Everybody cares about their grades and everybody wants to do well in school. At times, the pressure can be very high as the courses are very rigorous. Blind Brook really helps kids get ready for the rigor of college as the courses taught at Blind Brook are very challenging and require students to stretch their brains.
Blind Brook has some of the most encouraging teachers who are so enthusiastic about their subject. They encourage you to work your hardest and are always willing to help at anytime. They're also very helpful when it comes to new proposals from clubs. I was able to schedule multiple field trips very easily because of how nice the administrators are and how open they are to new ideas. The meals are some of the best that I have ever eaten as well. However, there are a couple of things that I would like to see some improvement on. Blind Brook is located in a very privileged and Jewish concentrated community. It is apparent that there is a lack of diversity within the student body and the staff. Most of the school consist of white people, leaving out many race including blacks and latinos like me. In an age where racial inequality is prevalent, it is important to show diversity to allow equal opportunities for all race. If they could achieve this, then this school will be the best school.