Blind Brook High School is a top rated, public school located in Rye Brook, NY. It has 521 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Blind Brook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Blind Brook High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Blind Brook High School
- A+North Shore Senior High School
- North Shore Central School District, NY
- 116 reviews
- ACold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- A+New Canaan High School
- New Canaan School District, CT
- 167 reviews
Blind Brook High School Reviews
Blind Brook High School is an incredible school, located on an incredible environment that nurtures and provides an excellent space for students to learn and grow as individuals.
There are a fantastic number of extracurricular activities. There are a variety of sports teams, clubs, and arts opportunities. That being said, however, there is some inequality among these extracurriculars. For instance, the sports teams almost annually receive new equipment, whereas in the last 8 years the theater department's budget has been slashed - only being allotted a fourth of what it once was.
Overall I have been able to navigate and do well in a very academically competitive school. I wish the staff and student body were more ethnically and background diverse, I have some good friends who I have known since elementary school. Once we got to dating age the lack of diversity seemed to affect some of my relationships. I look forward to moving on to college with more students and diversity.