Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Blind Brook High School is a top rated, public school located in Rye Brook, NY. It has 468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Blind Brook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+60 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+47 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+35 Students
- A34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Blind Brook High School
- A+North Shore Senior High School
- North Shore Central School District, NY
- 130 reviews
- A+Cold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 107 reviews
- A+New Canaan High School
- New Canaan School District, CT
- 181 reviews
Blind Brook High School Reviews
Academically, Blind Brook is one of the best schools. The academics are top-notch and very few high schools are as good as Blind Brook academically. Adding on, the facilities are also very nice and the building is very built. Blind Brook is a very small school, so obvious the school will not be as diverse as other big public schools. However, the students are very nice and welcoming. Most teachers are very nice individuals, but some have very poor teaching methods. Since Blind Brook is one of the best high schools academically, there is a competitive environment around the school. Everybody cares about their grades and everybody wants to do well in school. At times, the pressure can be very high as the courses are very rigorous. Blind Brook really helps kids get ready for the rigor of college as the courses taught at Blind Brook are very challenging and require students to stretch their brains.
Blind Brook has some of the most encouraging teachers who are so enthusiastic about their subject. They encourage you to work your hardest and are always willing to help at anytime. They're also very helpful when it comes to new proposals from clubs. I was able to schedule multiple field trips very easily because of how nice the administrators are and how open they are to new ideas. The meals are some of the best that I have ever eaten as well. However, there are a couple of things that I would like to see some improvement on. Blind Brook is located in a very privileged and Jewish concentrated community. It is apparent that there is a lack of diversity within the student body and the staff. Most of the school consist of white people, leaving out many race including blacks and latinos like me. In an age where racial inequality is prevalent, it is important to show diversity to allow equal opportunities for all race. If they could achieve this, then this school will be the best school.
Overall, Blind Brook High School provides excellent educational opportunities to students within the small community of Rye Brook. The teachers are knowledgeable and passionate, which fuels success beyond high school. However, Blind Brook lacks diversity and creates a culture of competitive students.