Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Bleckley County High School is an above average, public school located in Cochran, GA. It has 678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Bleckley County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C114 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade B+78 Students
- grade B48 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade C+25 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade A+22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- Sports, prom, one act, spirit week22%
- Home coming week20%
- Friday night football15%
- Senior week15%
- Club activities13%
- Pep rallies7%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,094 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Bleckley County High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 81 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved Bleckley County Highschool with everything inside of me. The administration did everything in their power my senior year to help us leave highschool with good memories from our senior year. We had dress up days and online trivia to help make school not seemed as boring. For our health and safety we had A and B days so we were properly social distanced. I always felt safe and loved by my teachers. They cared about us more than just a student, but as a real person with real life problems. They listened to us and helped us be the best we could be. Our academics thrived because of how amazing our teachers were. We wanted to learn and to be at school because we knew when we came we had a community of people trying to help us be better. I will forever love Bleckley County and the memories I have made these last four years.
Bleckley County has amazing athletic departments as well as a wonderful, challenging curriculum. It is a small school, so everyone is a part of the family. BCHS prides itself on an extremely clean campus, and the faculty holds students to a very high standard. Fights hardly ever occur, and students get along well. Although I love the school, honors and AP classes are not the priority here. Even though the standard curriculum is challenging, I would love to see Bleckley County High School step up the amount of AP and honors classes available.
-I am not going to sugar-coat anything. This is based on my experience and my point of view.-The school is not THAT bad. I, personally, just do not have good experiences there. Throughout the years, I have been there, I have received a few offensive comments from students, learned that the counseling is not good at all, the food is also not so great, and the clubs and activities are not that exciting to say. However, the classes are honestly promising and I learned a lot so far and managed to be somewhat prepped for college. If the students, the food, the club & activities, and the staff were better, I would give this school at least a 9/10 but right now, I will make 7/10 .