Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Bland High School is an above average, public school located in Merit, TX. It has 210 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Bland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B33 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade B+19 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade C+16 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade A11 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Seniors do a haunted house33%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,586 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Schools like Bland High School
- grade B+Wolfe City High School
- Wolfe City Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade B minusLeonard High School
- Leonard Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade BCaddo Mills High School
- Caddo Mills Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 126 reviews
- grade B+Trenton High School
- Trenton Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 68 reviews
Bland High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 29 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have only attended two school districts in my life, which isn't an astonishing number at all. However, out of the two, Bland will always be my favorite. I have also observed other school districts, and Bland still seems to top them! Bland High School is an A+ rating school with kind and encouraging faculty, wonderful students, and a positive aura. It is a small school, no doubt, and could probably used and upgraded building. However, we work with what we have got, and we make the best of it!
Well, I transferred there my senior year and it was completely different from DISD. Bland High school didn't really have clubs that students can participate. The majority of students would leave home after school was finished. I just wished students and teachers would get involved in creating clubs, for example, art club, science club, math club, or anything. But overall, Bland was great, the staff was welcoming and friendly with the students. No drama!
Although it’s a very small school the learning environment was still efficient. The teachers are very involved with the students and they’re always looking for the best interest of the student. I got the education I needed and I felt safe and comfortable. Bland High School is way more than what it seems, and it’s an excellent place to receive your education.Not only did I meet different kinds of people I was able to build friendships with people that I would’ve never encountered at a big school. The only thing that would’ve made this school better , in my opinion , would be more activities , clubs , and sports. But it’s understandable that there’s not enough people or funds in a town so small.Overall attending Bland High School was by far the most valuable experience I’ve had so far.