Blanchester High School is a public school located in Blanchester, OH. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Blanchester High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-47 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-25 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-20 Students
- C19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Blanchester High School
- B-Clermont Northeastern High School
- Clermont Northeastern Local School District, OH
- 66 reviews
- B-Wilmington High School
- Wilmington City School District, OH
- 128 reviews
- C+Lynchburg-Clay High School
- Lynchburg-Clay Local School District, OH
- 64 reviews
- C+Fayetteville-Perry High School
- Fayetteville-Perry Local School District, OH
- 69 reviews
Blanchester High School Reviews
I have had great teachers over the past four years, and my education has been great! I have loved the small atmosphere where you know everyone and the teachers know you more personally because they have less students. I had an amazing principle my first three years of high school; he was a great motivator and a very caring educator. Some of the things I would like to see change is the strict rules that the new principle has been enforcing. I feel like I will be less prepared for college due to how restricted my freedoms are; it feels more like a middle school atmosphere. The other thing I would like to change is our administration; our old principal was doing his job well, and most of the students and community loved him and voiced our support to the school board, yet they still chose to remove him as our principal. I would like our board to change to do what the community asks them to do, not follow their personal agendas.
Overall Blanchester is a pretty average high school. It has its ups and downs. Its main attribute is the quality of education, which is pretty impressive for such a small school. A lot of the teachers there are very dedicated to making sure that the students receive a good education. However, Blanchester falls short in its atmosphere, and in the extra-curricular activities. A lot of the students are very closed-minded. The district itself is close-minded, and they don't allow much room for change or improvement. Most of the extra funding goes towards sports, which leaves almost nothing for things like art, drama, and band, which in turn have to rely on donations. Blanchester could greatly improve if it would pay attention to smaller groups of students and their interests-not just the majority. However, as I mentioned earlier, as far as the education goes, it's a good school. And it has received numerous academic awards.
As a high school senior i’ve been through every school building in the district. I moved to Blanchester schools when I was in 2nd grade. As a hesitant and nervous young student, the teachers took me in. They introduced me to my peers and i made so many friends thanks to the teachers. The teachers through out 2nd through 12th have not only helped me grow academically but they’ve helped me personally. I felt comfortable talking to my teachers about things other than what’s being taught in their class. The teachers like to get to know what you’re like outside of the classroom and that makes it more comfortable inside the classroom. Something that i think should be changed however, would be the recognition of all activities being participated through the school. As a student athlete I personally see some extra curricular‘s being noticed less than others. I think we should have equal appreciation of all activities in the school district.