Blair Oaks High School is an above average, public school located in Jefferson City, MO. It has 440 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Blair Oaks High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-49 Students
- B41 Students
- B35 Students
- C20 Students
- A-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- A15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Blair Oaks High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Blair Oaks High School
- B-Fatima High School
- Osage County R-III School District, MO
- 93 reviews
- C+St. Elizabeth High School
- St. Elizabeth R-IV School District, MO
- 30 reviews
- NGH. Kenneth Kirchner School
- Public School
- Jefferson City, MO
- BRussellville High School
- Cole County R-I School District, MO
- 20 reviews
Blair Oaks High School Reviews
Blair Oaks High School is in a small town called Wardsville, right outside the capital of Missouri, Jefferson City. Blair Oaks serves many purposes other than education. It is where the students find themselves and create real friendships and are encouraged to make mistakes and try new things because it is looked upon as an opportunity to become better. The staff and student body is only part of what makes Blair Oaks great though. The parent and grandparent involvement is absolutely amazing. No matter the destination, when we travel for sports we bring the whole community. We always outnumber the other team's crowd. I'm blessed to have the privilege to call myself a Falcon!
The school has a very kind staff and the students are friendly compared to most. It excels in athletics and academics. I would like to see some change in the school still. I don’t think teacher’s kids should attend the same school their parents teach at, which is very common at Blair Oaks. Leads to unfair treatment. I think they should focus less on football as well, and spend some money on the arts. They have a big student interest in the arts, but they won’t put any money into anything besides football. Even the other sports are lacking in budget. Other than that, the school doesn’t really have any issues. There’s no locks on the lockers, bullying is low, as is the crime rate. All they need to work on it fair budgeting and major clique-ing.
Blair Oaks is a great place to attend school! Blair Oaks is not a big school and I love that about it! It's small enough that I know all of my classmates and the teachers get to know you as an individual. Blair Oaks is driven to be one of the best schools in the State of Missouri, and they helped to prepare me for college. Since our school is not big, we have less diversity. I wish we could be more diversified, but with time, I am sure Blair Oaks will be.