Blair Academy is an elite, private, boarding school located in Blairstown, NJ. It has 420 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $57,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Blair Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+43 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Blair Academy
Blair Academy Reviews
A breath of fresh air at Blair! Truly dedicated and professional faculty, excellent leadership, focus on forming thinking young men and women, a wide range of talents and diverse student body, supportive and not cutthroat student culture, beautiful campus and facilities. Superior to the 2 other private and public high schools in NJ we experienced. If you are looking for a nurturing, authentic, academic, athletic, first-class educational social and emotional experience, come to Blair Academy!
I am a parent of 3 children. All 3 went to Blair. They learned so much about themselves and developed skills necessary for life long success. For my two kids who are working, I credit Blair for their job reviews that always mention their outstanding "people skills". They are comfortable talking with anyone about anything. Many schools have superior academics, but Blair gives them so much more .
The extracurriculars at Blair Academy are very strong. Students are allowed to create their own clubs with varying levels of commitment. The administration has to sign off on any club proposals, but students don't really come up with anything the administration would reject. Every student is required to play at least two team sports each year, with exceptions for prominent actors and artists. Due to the sports requirement, most people at Blair are very fit. If you don't come to Blair with a six-pack, you will leave with one. The arts are extremely strong, too. I participate in two theatre productions each year and can say that the theatre program is a wonderful place for beginners and veterans alike. If you're new to theatre, you can easily come in and get a large role if you have any natural talent, or be a background character if you just want to be part of the production. Those that are serious about acting are also well-served because there are four plays a year, and many opportunities for lead roles. Overall, the extracurriculars are fantastic at Blair.