Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+42 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Blair Academy
Blair Academy Reviews
The extracurriculars at Blair Academy are very strong. Students are allowed to create their own clubs with varying levels of commitment. The administration has to sign off on any club proposals, but students don't really come up with anything the administration would reject. Every student is required to play at least two team sports each year, with exceptions for prominent actors and artists. Due to the sports requirement, most people at Blair are very fit. If you don't come to Blair with a six-pack, you will leave with one. The arts are extremely strong, too. I participate in two theatre productions each year and can say that the theatre program is a wonderful place for beginners and veterans alike. If you're new to theatre, you can easily come in and get a large role if you have any natural talent, or be a background character if you just want to be part of the production. Those that are serious about acting are also well-served because there are four plays a year, and many opportunities for lead roles. Overall, the extracurriculars are fantastic at Blair.
When you go to other preppy boarding schools in the Northeast, you notice a stuck-up, over-competitive attitude that can be extremely unattractive. At Blair, however, everyone wants to help each other succeed. It sounds kind of corny, but the community at Blair Academy is stronger than at any other school. The academics are superb and challenging, the athletic facilities are top-notch, the arts opportunities are amazing, and the administration is approachable and reasonable. Overall, this school is unmatched in its excellence.
The health policies and regulations are pretty reasonable. The nurses are usually very nice. However, the health center is a very old building that needs a lot of work done. Also, there is limited space in the health center, so when an illness goes around the school, the beds in the health center fill up very quickly. The security, on the other hand, is great. Most security guards are very nice.