Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Blackwell High School is a public school located in Blackwell, OK. It has 336 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Blackwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A56 Students
- B50 Students
- B43 Students
- A35 Students
- C23 Students
- C16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Blackwell High School
Blackwell High School Reviews
Blackwell High School is basically like every other school around. We have the good teachers and the bad teachers, the good kids and the bad kids, and everything in between, too. The principal, teachers, and other faculty members work very hard to make sure that we blossom into the people that we are supposed to become. Also, the grand majority of this high school student body makes sure that they take care of themselves and others, which is a very good quality for students to have. Lunches should be reevaluated, because the school lunches are very low quality. Also, teachers in the state of Oklahoma should be paid more and there should be more money put towards education in Oklahoma. There is a reason that we are 50th in Education in the nation! If you will give more money to public education, then other numerous problems will be fixed on their own.
Blackwell High School had some teachers who were very passionate about teaching and did their best to make learning interesting and fun. However, the facilities and materials that were available to them were subpar due to lack of funding. I would highly rate my own experience there, but I know that things are constantly changing at blackwell schools.
Blackwell High School is an amazing place to grow and learn. It is close-nit school, and everyone knows everyone because of how small it is. It has a top-notch vocal program that has won awards at contest, and the wrestling program is just as great! The only change I would like to see is an addition of more extracurriculars, as we do not have many. I would also like to see new textbooks added as ours are fairly old.