Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School is a highly rated, public school located in Upton, MA. It has 1,230 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A235 Students
- A+136 Students
- B+127 Students
- A+124 Students
- B-116 Students
- A+109 Students
- B95 Students
- C+89 Students
- B87 Students
- B-83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 174 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Schools like Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
- B+Assabet Valley Vocational High School
- Public School
- Marlborough, MA
- 147 reviews
- B+Tahanto Regional High School
- Public School
- Boylston, MA
- 85 reviews
- A+Shrewsbury Senior High School
- Shrewsbury Public Schools, MA
- 372 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 92 reviews
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School Reviews
Blackstone Valley Tech (BVT) has provided me with countless opportunities, lifelong friendships, and unbelievable memories. For starters, BVT never felt like just a school to me, instead it felt like a second home. With supportive and caring staff, I felt welcomed and safe. The teachers, both shop and academic, always created engaging lesson plans and prepared us for whatever future endeavors we would pursue, whether that be college, the workforce, or the military. At first glance, a graduating class size of over 300 students might seem deterring, but from my experience, everyone in my class connected with each other in one way or another and had amicable relationships. Being exposed to students from 13 towns allowed everyone to find friends with similar interests. BVT encourages student involvement by having a multitude of clubs and activities, as well as sports for all types of people - some examples include Student Council, Bass Fishing, Math team, and a variety of Varsity sports.
Shop is absolutely amazing. I have never improved so much not just technically but as a person. It's clear that the teachers deeply care about the students. Administration, on the other hand, must hate the students with a burning passion. They can be spotted aggressively checking every student for their IDs, which they claim help protect students despite little proof to support it. They punish students despite first offenses and for just not wearing it. It doesn't even matter if they have it as they are still punished if they don't wear it 24/7. Luckily I have never came without my idea but I have seen classroom filled with good and hardworking students just because they forgot to put it on one time. Second example is that they don't allow clubs to have websites of their own as they don't trust the students and are super strict with field trips such as with the trip to Disney.
My experience at Blackstone valley tech was educational and engaging. Not only do we have top notch academic teachers here, but also 18 vocational programs to help students get ready for the work force, or college. Every other week, students switch from academics to shop which is an easy transition for most. It's great because rather than sitting in a classroom all day everyday throughput high school, you are doing something you love and learning more about a trade you might want to go into in the future. The shops are very hands on and engaging for the students. This school also has a mandatory class called Career Enrichment. This class is taken everyday on academic weeks and prepares students for real world situations, such as how to do taxes and handle money. Senior year and Junior year in this class are generally focused on getting ready for college or the workforce, and the teachers do everything they can to make sure we are ready to enter the real world post graduation.