Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School is a highly rated, public school located in Upton, MA. It has 1,199 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A165 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-96 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+85 Students
- B-75 Students
- B-69 Students
- B66 Students
- B65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
- BAssabet Valley Vocational High School
- Public School
- Marlborough, MA
- 121 reviews
- B+Tahanto Regional High School
- Public School
- Boylston, MA
- 73 reviews
- AShrewsbury Senior High School
- Shrewsbury Public Schools, MA
- 336 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 74 reviews
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School Reviews
I love this school. Along with its strong academic environment, this school offers many vocations or "shops" to students. Students learn a trade/technical skill while in high school. Students can learn how to be electronics technicians, plumbers, and everything else in between. The opportunities at this school are endless!
Everyone is so welcoming and polite there! Being a school where you have to apply to get in, keep up good grades and dedicate yourself to learning, you can tell both teachers and student are passionate and excited to be there everyday. Teachers stay late hours everyday and some even come in on Saturdays. They make it an enjoyable environment full of endless opportunities and experiences.
Graduated there from the IT program. I had a fantastic time there as I made friends who I became close with. Though, I think there needs to be more emphasis on encouraging students to persue shops like IT and engineering since there not widely chosen shops. People don't know exactly what they're missing out on. The field is booming and I feel as if BVT doesn't make so much of an effort to encourage kids to persue IT and Engineering or similar since they're seen as "too nerdy".I'm now in college studying computer science, if it wasn't for being in IT I would be lost!