Blackstone Academy Charter School is a public, charter school located in Pawtucket, RI. It has 296 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Blackstone Academy Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- B-85 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-37 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- C24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Blackstone Academy Charter School
- BBeacon Charter School
- Beacon Charter School, RI
- 85 reviews
- BTimes2 Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 57 reviews
- BPaul Cuffee Charter School
- Public School
- Providence, RI
- 21 reviews
- BNew England Laborers'/Cranston Public Schools Construction & Career Academy
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 2 reviews
Blackstone Academy Charter School Reviews
I love this school! My time at Blackstone made the best 4 years of my life. What I really love that the fact the workers there wanted to be called by their first name and what I really like about that is want to be your friend and they really do care about their students and they do want them to succeed. And with that I really love the people there because right now the people who I met there and become friends with is people who I Iove. Next is the way that they teach you, for me having autism I had face challenges with learning and to know what to do but the teachers there really helped to know the material or help me anyway they can and that another I really love about Blackstone. But this is just few amazing things about Blackstone, right now I graduated from Blackstone but being there was one heck of a lifetime.
Overall, Blackstone Academy is a pretty good school with an environment that doesn't exist anywhere else. Even though the recent expansion changed the school climate, it's still a small school, and most of the general systems within the school didn't change. Being placed in one advisory that you meet with everyday for four years helps to create bonds between people that almost certainly wouldn't have happened otherwise. The workload is more rigorous than most of the public schools around it, which serves to help students prepare for their futures.
Blackstone Academy is one of the school you that are unforgettable. The teachers are extremely respectful and are always willing to help. This school is like a huge family. Everybody knows each other and have a close connection with each other, something that you don't see often in other schools.