Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School
- NANTY GLO, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in NANTY GLO, PA. It has 325 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade A18 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
- grade A+8 Students
- grade C+8 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,202 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School
- grade C+Conemaugh Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Conemaugh Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.39 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade CPenns Manor Area Junior/Senior High School
- Penns Manor Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.25 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade B minusFerndale Area Junior/Senior High School
- Ferndale Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade C+Portage Area Junior/Senior High School
- Portage Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 38 reviews
Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Small school, which is nice. But the administration is very lacking. Course offerings are lacking. Very little available technology. School lunches are mostly bad.
It wasn't a terrible school to go too. Very small, but in a small district. The staff was great to students and very helpful most times.
I was mostly prepared for college after graduation. I luckily was able to find a major I enjoy, but for my friends, some were left clueless with what they wanted to do with their lives. Blacklick Valley didn't have many different types of classes compared to other schools. There also weren't many classes that offered college credits for completing the class. As for the "real world", I was not prepared to know how to apply for loans or manage my money wisely. An accounting class was offered in 7th/8th grade, but didn't benefit me for when it was time to graduate.