Blackford High School is a public school located in Hartford City, IN. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+94 Students
- A50 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-30 Students
- B20 Students
- B16 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Blackford High School
- BEastbrook High School
- Eastbrook Community School Corporation, IN
- 57 reviews
- B-Madison-Grant Junior/Senior High School
- Madison-Grant United School Corporation, IN
- 86 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 79 reviews
- B-Southern Wells Junior/Senior High School
- Southern Wells Community Schools, IN
- 49 reviews
Blackford High School Reviews
It's a small high school and that's good. The teachers know the students and care about them and their education. Nobody is anonymous. Supportive environment. Basketball team is winning. Winning isn't everything but it reminds people that excellence is possible. Academics are fairly solid and improving though they need to devote way more resources to math instruction and tutoring. National Honor Society is strong here. Vo-tech program is available. Wide variety of other sports and extracurriculars. Very safe place with few of the problems bigger schools have. Students who are above average elsewhere might be able to come here and be heroes. Choose Us.
Blackford High School will forever be in my heart as my home. Sadly, it is a home i wont be eagerly ready to go back to once I leave. It wasn't the fact that it was in a small town, it wasn't the fact the stuff had major favorites and those individuals got whatever they wanted, nor was it all the drama and the people who added fuel to the drama. But it was, the fact that it took my freedom away and made me not want to learn anymore.
I believe that the school system itself as a whole is as good as you could expect any high school to be. As a high school senior I have been at this high school for four years. I think the faculty here is personally the most outgoing, caring people you'll ever meet.