Blackfoot High School is a public school located in BLACKFOOT, ID. It has 1,130 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Blackfoot High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-171 Students
- B120 Students
- B91 Students
- B+83 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-59 Students
- A52 Students
- B38 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Blackfoot High School
Blackfoot High School Reviews
Blackfoot Highschool recently went through accreditation and changes within the administration. The administration rarely listened to the student council, which I was in and seemed not to care what the students wanted. The debate and drama programs struggled, but the band program had great instructors. Blackfoot high also offered the We the People program which was a great benefit for the school and supported by the community. It allowed my class and the previous eight classes to compete at the national competition in Washington D.C. When students applied themselves, they graduated ready for college and to excel in their chosen degree.
I love my school, at Blackfoot High it’s all about succeeding and doing our best! Theirs so much school spirit in every classroom, every hallway. People love to rep the school colors and participate in all the fun. The teachers are great, the classes are hands on and more about learning! The counselors, the vice principal, and the principal are always there to help and are always engaging with students and staff!
My experience at Blackfoot High School started out rough. It wasn't a very nice school, there were some complications, and there were many negative thoughts about Blackfoot. However, you learn to love all these things at Blackfoot and even find the positive aspects in your experience. You'll learn to love the old tile, the teachers who are dying to have you succeed, and in the end you know that Blackfoot was a positive experience in your life. I definitely wouldn't change it for the world because going to Blackfoot has made me the person I am today; someone who looks the world straight in the eyes and says she's not afraid.