Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Blackduck Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Blackduck, MN. It has 294 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Blackduck Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-23 Students
- B+15 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Blackduck Secondary School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Blackduck Secondary School Reviews
I am privileged to be enrolled in a public school where parents and staff are always available for us students to receive knowledge and advice from. They haven’t just taught me the curriculum that is required but they have taught me many other Life lessons ranging from duck hunting to how our government works. The extracurricular activities at Blackduck also have taught me many life lessons that I will use through the coming years. I’m also grateful for the coaches that have had lead me throughout my childhood, for they have taught me how to trust and forgive people. In my school I would change the conception that kids who move to my school are somehow less than the “locals” and that teachers have favorites towards kids who have lived here the longest. I think these things need to change because I think its very immature and ignorant to think this way. I hope that new students don’t have to endure the things that are listed above like I have throughout my childhood.
So far I have had a great experience with blackduck. Since I haved moved to blackduck all my grades have gone up, and all the teachers are remarkably awesome.. Eatch teacher has more than one way of teaching subjects. What I would like to see change is that there are more consequences for things that people do especially verbal bullying..
There are some after-school activities at my school, but there isn't many options. The most common ones that we have or sports, speech, and drama, otherwise we have some other clubs that include robotics, 4H, and FFA. Blackduck school is just to small to house a bunch of different activities because the student population isn't great enough to support a huge variety. I just feel as if the smaller variety makes it so some students don't want to come here because they don't offer some of their favorite things, such as; soccer, hockey, swimming, etc. Of the activities we do have, some but not most are successful. With Blackduck being as small of an area as it is, it makes it difficult to have suburb coaches, or heads of activities, so it's just not an area to house a bunch of good, successful programs, but the upside of this is, anybody can go out for anything, there is very tryout circumstances.