grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Black River Falls High School is a public school located in Black River Falls, WI. It has 502 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Black River Falls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+43 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade B22 Students
- grade A18 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B15 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- I like Homecoming week and the assemblies.50%
- I love any activity marching band related.33%
- Attending varsity sporting events17%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,248 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Black River Falls High School
- grade C+Blair-Taylor Middle/High School
- Blair-Taylor School District, WI
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade B minusLincoln High School
- Alma Center School District, WI
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade BMelrose-Mindoro High School
- Melrose-Mindoro School District, WI
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 53 reviews
Black River Falls High School Reviews
Rating 3.36 out of 5 61 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Black River Falls High School is a small school that does a good job of making sure everyone has a base of learning. However, they don't have a ton of the resources necessary for those wanting to have a head start on post-secondary education.
The number one thing I like about BRFHS is the amount of American Indians that are enrolled here. This year there is about 23.5% American Indians enrolled. I also like as an American Indian student, or "Ho-Chunk" student that there is a Ho-Chunk language course provided. Me being Ho-Chunk and all, that makes me proud that we are given this oppurtunity here at BRFHS. I like that I van be offered to learn my language at school, because my ancestors were not given that opportunity, not even my older siblings. So that makes me thankful.
I really enjoyed the inclusive culture of all the activities at BRFHS. I played football, basketball, hockey, tennis and I also participated in shooting sports. I was never turned away from any sports. Also, the atmosphere around Homecoming is absolutely amazing, the camaraderie of the students is unparalleled.