Bismarck High School
- BISMARCK, ND
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Bismarck High School is an above average, public school located in BISMARCK, ND. It has 1,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Bismarck High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus229 Students
- grade B+225 Students
- grade B+223 Students
- grade B146 Students
- grade A81 Students
- grade B80 Students
- grade B60 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade B minus39 Students
- grade A minus38 Students
View Homes Near Bismarck High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responses
- Our Pep rallies are pretty cool31%
- Choir and Jazz Choir concerts13%
- Speech Meets and our Plays8%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,943 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Bismarck High School
Bismarck High School Reviews
Rating 3.93 out of 5 166 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Bismarck High School was like no other. I have never seen a school before with more pride and love for the school. From things like art, music, drama, theatre, and athletics, there was just so much pride that was shown. Another great thing at Bismarck High School would be the teachers. It just seems every teacher loves their job, and would do anything for the students. Not only are they nice people, but are great teachers. Plenty of kids from our school have gone on to do great things in live which is just a testament of the teachers teaching. Personally what I love most is being around the great students on my athletic teams. The coaches do a great job handling the kids and the Bismarck High Athletic program just has a great tradition of winning championships and having great coaches.
Bismarck High School provides a very well education along with a great atmosphere for all students to learn. Bismarck High staff are always so polite and are able to help students when they are in need. Class sizes are perfect while teachers are able to provide each student with a great learning experience. The only thing Bismarck High could change is preparing their students for college, Giving students more knowledge about scholarships before it is already too late. Finally teaching students what and how to study for the ACT.
What I love about BHS is the tradition and pride! My school is the oldest in my town and I’m really glad we embrace it the way we do. There’s a lot of history at my school and it’s really amazing to say i was a apart of it. We also take a lot of pride in our sports. We won state football this year which was a great way to end for the seniors! This school is hard to explain unless you’ve been in it or have been a part of it. There’s so so much history there. There is also so many people who live in bismarck who are alumni of the school. So many kids at the school have had previous family who went there. We are just now getting an auditorium that we have been waiting so long for. That’s something personal to me because I’m in choir and a part of the jazz choir for the past 4 years. So that’s a great addition to the school! This school is definitely different than most schools!