Bismarck High School is an above average, public school located in Bismarck, ND. It has 1,211 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Bismarck High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-201 Students
- B+195 Students
- B+191 Students
- B132 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+69 Students
- B52 Students
- B-43 Students
- B35 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Bismarck High School Reviews
What I love about BHS is the tradition and pride! My school is the oldest in my town and I’m really glad we embrace it the way we do. There’s a lot of history at my school and it’s really amazing to say i was a apart of it. We also take a lot of pride in our sports. We won state football this year which was a great way to end for the seniors! This school is hard to explain unless you’ve been in it or have been a part of it. There’s so so much history there. There is also so many people who live in bismarck who are alumni of the school. So many kids at the school have had previous family who went there. We are just now getting an auditorium that we have been waiting so long for. That’s something personal to me because I’m in choir and a part of the jazz choir for the past 4 years. So that’s a great addition to the school! This school is definitely different than most schools!
This high school did not disappoint. Bismarck High School hits the target when it comes to getting an education while being active in athletics and other outside school events. I am very proud to say I am a Bismarck Demon Alumni. With living in Bismarck,ND the sports community is so big. Every one comes out to events and everyone knows what games are the BIG games. I was a cheerleader at this high school and this made cheer leading at games 100% more fun. When is comes to academics, I can confidently say that teachers here want you to learn. The only way you felt college ready was if you were in the AVID program which I was. With out AVID I probably would not have made it to college. I cannot thank my teachers enough for guiding me and pushing me to reach my goals in life.
Bismarck High school provided me with a healthy and fulfilling learning environment. Most of the teachers really cared how you were doing and helped to prepare us for college and beyond. There was a large variety of classes, clubs and activities that allowed you to expand your interests and find something that they are passionate about.