- Private, Catholic
- FORESTVILLE, MD
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our school is currently operating in Stage 3 Status: Classroom Learning. Current Prince George’s County guidelines (7/29/21) require anyone entering the school - students, employees and visitors - to be masked at all times, regardless of their vaccination status, unless eating or drinking. Masks must be worn outdoors if unable to physically distance. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade B+
Bishop McNamara High School, located in southern MD near downtown Washington, DC, provides 850 students in grades 9-12 an academically rigorous college preparatory liberal arts education in a dynamic, inclusive Catholic school community rooted in the Holy Cross tradition. The school's wide-ranging and numerous curricular and co-curricular programs allows boys and girls to achieve success commensurate with ability and effort while they explore their unique God-given talents becoming empowered leaders.
Our highly credentialed, welcoming and culturally responsive faculty educates both their hearts and minds as students learn a sense of responsibility for their actions and for the well-being of the local and global community. Bishop McNamara embraces students from diverse backgrounds nurturing in them a sense of self-worth and accomplishment while exposing them to traditions beyond their own, instilling a respect for the cultures and values of others.
Start Your Journey with BMHS Today!
Bishop McNamara High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A383 Students
- grade B+344 Students
- grade C+219 Students
- grade B219 Students
- grade B+200 Students
- grade A minus183 Students
- grade C+174 Students
- grade A+135 Students
- grade B+121 Students
- grade C119 Students
Technology & Innovation at Bishop McNamara
Bishop McNamara provides comprehensive study in Technology and Engineering, Science and Mathematics. BMHS emphasizes skill development and 21st Century career exploration. We provide a challenging, diverse, and globally sensitive liberal arts curriculum where students learn to reason independently and think creatively to achieve success commensurate with ability and effort.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 35 responses
- Homecoming events21%
- Spirit week20%
- Sports games17%
- Talent shows9%
- African Dance Show3%
- Spirit Week3%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 61 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Bishop McNamara High School Reviews
Ms. Wolf advised the parents that the second half of the school year, the assignments would be on the college level. Fatima began her college journey well prepared for college English.
Currently, Fatima is a student at Wake Forest Business School. She is in an accelerated program, and will graduate with a Master's Degree in only 10 months.
As you can image I am very VERY proud of my daughter. I'm sure that the vigorous academic program Bishop McNamara provided contributed to Fatima's successful undergrad education, and her admission to Wake Forest Grad School.