Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
Bishop Garcia Diego High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Santa Barbara, CA. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. Tuition is $15,400 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Bishop Garcia Diego High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A56 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-40 Students
- A39 Students
- A38 Students
- A+32 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Bishop Garcia Diego High School
Bishop Garcia Diego High School Reviews
If your child is already a well rounded student who is a good student, then DO NOT send your them to Bishop, for the public schools in Santa Barbara are a lot better in terms of classes offered and overall facilities. However, if your kid isn't the best student, but is still smart, and just needs a little push academically, socially, spiritually, and emotionally then Bishop is your school. In essence, you're paying a school to parent your kid and prepare them for the real world as well as for college. They have a desire to learn, but speaking from experience, this desire is often limited due to Bishop's small community and offered classes. For instance, some advanced courses might have only three to six students, while some college prep course can range from 15 to 30 students. This leads to the fact that Bishop's student to faculty ratio versus what a student actually experiences in class are two extremely different things.
Bishop is a safe and comfortable environment for students to be challenged. There is a lot of school spirit and this school has strong sports programs for both genders. Scheduling opportunities for AP classes are quite limited but rigorous instruction is provided, especially in math, language arts and science. Bishop has an excellent media facility and tech related courses. We believe under current leadership that the school is on a great trajectory.
Our son loves Bishop & has really found his home. Teachers & staff care so much & work to personalize each student's experience. Even teachers who do not have my son know him by name & offer help when needed. Teacher office hours help so much & remind me of college. For a small school, the many Advanced Placement/Honors classes as well as clubs and sports is really a luxury. In addition, the television & sound studios offer a higher level experience that cannot be found anywhere around Santa Barbara. With all that is going on in our public schools & the watering down of academia w/ common core, we are thrilled that such an experience is available for our son. Small school w/ a global focus. The kids feel safe so they can do what's important: learn without distraction - & we believe the investment is very much worth it.