Birch Run High School is a public school located in Birch Run, MI. It has 638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Birch Run High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- B57 Students
- A55 Students
- B-53 Students
- A+40 Students
- B30 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Birch Run High School
- B-Kearsley High School
- Kearsley Community School District, MI
- 127 reviews
- BFlushing High School
- Flushing Community Schools, MI
- 311 reviews
- C+Hill-McCloy High School
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- 75 reviews
- CE.A. Johnson Memorial High School
- Mt. Morris Consolidated Schools, MI
- 39 reviews
Birch Run High School Reviews
At Birch Run High School, you are given many opportunities for your education, but also being able to become close to your peers since the school is so small. The English teachers are all very helpful, as well as the math teachers (mostly), but the science department could be better. Birch Run High School gives high achieving students many chances to challenge themselves more, by offering many AP classes for a school its size, as well as offering honors classes, as well as offering rewards for students who achieve 4.0 GPAs. Overall it is a positive environment, and not the worst place to spend four years of your life.
Great school that's always tying to imporve. Not the best students but they have great teachers and administrators that are always there for every student.
Teachers overall have different techniques when it comes to teaching. Personally I have had amazing teachers that not only consider what students are saying , but applying it to their curriculum. As an overall average many more students engaged in classroom activities when teachers make the work more approachable. Its important for teachers to acknowledge their students and how they learn. With most of the teachers that I have had most have good communication skills where they can help their students one on one.