Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
BioTECH at Richmond Heights 9-12 High School is an above average, public school located in Miami, FL. It has 409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
BioTECH at Richmond Heights 9-12 High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-114 Students
- A+98 Students
- A94 Students
- C+93 Students
- A+84 Students
- A79 Students
- A35 Students
- B+23 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
BioTECH at Richmond Heights 9-12 High School Reviews
I really like the school because it has a friendly environment and the school has a lot of diversity. There are certain aspects that I would change like having sports or clubs that are related to sports. I would like some electives like music, art, dance and maybe even cooking! Nonetheless, I really enjoy the two years that I've been at BioTECH!
BioTECH has great potential. Its connection with the Fairchild Botantical Gardens and Zoo Miami campuses have allowed for once-in-a-lifetime experiences, helping to rear the next generation of scientists. BioTECH students can boast high end research skills and opportunities, including the opportunity to join an internship at either campus. We dissect iguanas and bats, measure and identify plants species, and conduct individual scientific investigations in our field of interest. Our science teachers are excellent, our zoology and research teachers are stellar, the math teachers are amazing and our history teachers are exemplary. Our art program is unique, allowing certifications in Adobe Photoshop. Wildlife photography is an amazing class that allows us to express ourselves outside the limits of ordinary art classes. However, the specialist school offers few options in clubs, classes, sports, music, and PE outside of the science realm.
I am a junior at Biotech Richmond heights. When people first visit us, we are viewed as a very small school (our Richmond campus consist of a couple hallways and a portable). However, we have two other campuses at Miami Zoo and Fairchild Tropicak Garden. Biotech Highshool is an amazing school that focuses on research,botanical,and zoology studies. Our school stands out from so many. We are able to expand and put our curiosity to the test. The work given to us at Fairchild is my favorite! Being a Biotech student also gives us the advantage of internships,volunteer opportunities, and much more. teachers are more focused on students since it is a small school. Our science teachers are incredible! However math teachers could use improvement