BioTECH @ Richmond Heights 9-12 High School is an above average, public school located in Miami, FL. It has 260 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
BioTECH @ Richmond Heights 9-12 High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-66 Students
- C53 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+43 Students
- A41 Students
- A20 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
BioTECH @ Richmond Heights 9-12 High School Reviews
I am a junior at Biotech Richmond heights. When people first visit us, we are viewed as a very small school (our Richmond campus consist of a couple hallways and a portable). However, we have two other campuses at Miami Zoo and Fairchild Tropicak Garden. Biotech Highshool is an amazing school that focuses on research,botanical,and zoology studies. Our school stands out from so many. We are able to expand and put our curiosity to the test. The work given to us at Fairchild is my favorite! Being a Biotech student also gives us the advantage of internships,volunteer opportunities, and much more. teachers are more focused on students since it is a small school. Our science teachers are incredible! However math teachers could use improvement
I'm a current BioTECH Senior. This school is the perfect school for anybody looking to fulfill their love and passion for science. It's a very rigorous and challenging school. You'll get tons and tons and tons of science related work, but at the end of the day, it'll all pay off once you become a senior. At this level, you get to conduct your own research project. Your teachers are your valuable assets. So, I highly and strongly recommended that you take advantage of your teachers knowledge and resources. The special thing about this school is that, IT'S SO FREAKING SMALL. You can easily make friends and everybody there is very nice and kind. They'll gladly help you if you have any troubles. With such a small school, you have easier access to your teachers and form a tight knit bond with them.
The students here do not want to be here, as mostly everyone at this school came here only because they got accepted. Many people leave the school for this reason, and many more are expelled (which isn't always a bad thing for everyone else). We also share parts of our campus with Richmond Heights Middle School kids, which can be stressful at times. However, the curriculum, teachers, administration, and just the fact that we get to go to the Zoo and Fairchild are enough to make you love this school.