Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Bio-Med Science Academy STEM School is a highly rated, public school located in Rootstown, OH. It has 624 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Bio-Med Science Academy STEM School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B80 Students
- A+72 Students
- B-56 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-22 Students
- B21 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Bio-Med Science Academy STEM School Reviews
BMSA isn't for everyone. It's a relatively new school so things are still being worked out, but the staff is incredible and has always made it really rewarding. The campus is awesome and we have a lot of independence by senior year. I only gave it 3/5 because the stress levels were very high across the grades and sometimes the systems in place can be overwhelming. That said, we've done a lot of projects, met a lot of people, and had experiences I wouldn't have had the opportunity for anywhere else. It's thanks to Bio-Med I have an awesome internship and a lot of supportive community and direction, but I have to be honest and say it wasn't always a smooth ride to get there. My mental health often took a toll and it was hard to find support in the academy to balance it. Overall, it's a school with a specific set of pros and cons. BMSA has an amazing staff with a unique environment and hands on learning, but you have to know how to manage the workload/opportunities with your limits, too!
The best part about Bio-Med was by far the teachers and the community. The teachers here are very understanding and make this school have a unique community. Learning is fun and engaging but for anyone looking at careers outside of STEM or medical, they don't really offer support or classes for you to choose from. It also feels like the administration is only worried about protecting their image and will use certain students as poster children so they look better instead of congratulating the student.
Bio-Med Science Academy has been a wonderful experience overall. Getting to meet many people who come from different backgrounds with the same determination as you is a great experience. Being on a college campus with young and intuitive teachers has made the learning material much better and I feel very prepared for college. Being a school that is so heavily focused on academics and sciences, sports that I used to play was not an option so that is the only downfall.