Biloxi High School is a highly rated, public school located in Biloxi, MS. It has 1,628 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Biloxi High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+304 Students
- A-284 Students
- B-214 Students
- A-205 Students
- B203 Students
- A-89 Students
- B+79 Students
- B+78 Students
- A71 Students
- C+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Biloxi High School
- A-Gautier High School
- Pascagoula Gautier School District, MS
- 155 reviews
- A-St. Martin High School
- Jackson County School District, MS
- 218 reviews
- AGulfport High School
- Gulfport School District, MS
- 218 reviews
- B+Long Beach High School
- Long Beach School District, MS
- 105 reviews
Biloxi High School Reviews
I loved the atmosphere of Biloxi High School, for the most part. There are certain programs and activities that I wish I had the power to implement more into the lives of each student so that they feel more encouraged to step outside of their comfort zones. Once I stepped outside of mine I became SO incredibly involved in activities. Knowing that I was in charge of keeping things in line for certain activities and completing tasks so that someone else wouldn't have to was enough. Now that I'm a broke college student, do I wish there was more of a reward for the hard work that I put into that school and the many many activities I was apart of? YES! Would I go back and change any of what I went through now that I know college will be one big ball of financial struggles? No. Most would say something is wrong with me, and they're probably right but..HERE'S TO YOU BILOXI HIGH! You've had quite a role in shaping me to become the intelligent, determined young woman that I am today.
Biloxi High School is one of the best high schools in Mississippi, which does not say much because Mississippi is one of the worst states as far as education is concerned. I've had some really good teachers, but many students, including me, could tell that some teachers were only there for the paycheck and did not bother to teach as well as they could have. I have only had their cafeteria food once or twice, and it was okay at best. The school has a program for Hispanic students to help them learn English and learn other subjects in Spanish, but I do not think they have that sort of program for other students of different national origin.
As an involved student at Biloxi High, I felt right at home! From having the opportunity to planning homecoming, to performing on the field during halftime with my AMAZING band, and everything in between, I have learned to love this place and love it even more as my alma mater.