Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Bigfork High School is an above average, public school located in Bigfork, MT. It has 317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Bigfork High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-13 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Bigfork High School Reviews
Everyone at Bigfork High School (BHS) is supportive of one another. The teachers and counselor do their best to ensure the success of their students. When I was absent, my teachers were understanding and helped me get caught up however they could. Currently, all schools are shut down due to COVID-19. BHS was determined to have their students stay on track so everyone could graduate on time. The school conducts classes daily on Google Meets. The online classes start at 9:00 and go until 12:30 for most students. The school also stays very involved with spirit. During homecoming week, some students dressed up everyday. Also, every game has a theme and the student section is always filled with motivation for the competing athletes. No matter what the sport is, every game shows the determination of the players. Bigfork High School is unlike any other. The teachers are great and the students are the same. The connections everyone has with each other are special.
Bigfork High school was a good place to attend high school, the environment is friendly, the teachers are caring and the students really have a connection with each other. The connection was especially strong this year when we had a tragic death within our student body. It brought us closer. Despite Bigfork being a great higher school, I craved more. The classes weren't hard, they weren't even challenging. However, they offered classes for students like me. This program was called running start, which allowed you to attend colleges classes and get a head start. I am very grateful for that opportunity.
The biggest thing I have enjoyed during my time at Bigfork High School has been the family created by staff, students, relatives, alumni, and the community of Bigfork itself. All of the students know each other, and even though it is a high school and has some drama, we all remain a family. Everyone is involved in some form of activity; sports, music, art, etc.; and the school is filled with talented students. The academic programs are very thorough and do not suffice with skipping content. The parents and surrounding community are very supportive and are always jumping at the chance to participate in fundraisers and events - even if it is riding a bus for hours to chaperone a field trip. Overall, Bigfork gives every student the opportunity to learn themselves with as much help as they need. The teachers are never too busy to assist any student, and same goes for the students as well.