Big Sky High School is a public school located in Missoula, MT. It has 1,112 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Big Sky High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-227 Students
- B+151 Students
- A+48 Students
- B33 Students
- A32 Students
- B+31 Students
- A-29 Students
- B26 Students
- B20 Students
- C+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Big Sky High School
Big Sky High School Reviews
It is a great school with scientific advantages, especially ones interested in health care. You can join the health science academy, which has principles of biomedical science, human body systems, medical interventions, and biomedical interventions. The 4 year program gives you experiences with anatomy of the body, job shadowing opportunities, volunteering, and help in making you succeed down the road for the profession you want to achieve when in college and after college as well.
When compared to the three other main high schools in Missoula, I'd say Big Sky is superior. The atmosphere in the school is great. Everybody really gets a long with everybody and the teachers are very helpful and trustworthy. We are the only school to offer the Health Science Academy which benefits people who are looking to further there knowledge in science and medical fields. If I could improve anything in our school it would have to be the math department. Personally I feel that the education I am getting in math is lacking. This might have an effect on me in the future because I plan to go to college to study engineering. Overall all though Big Sky will always be home to me and I am proud to say that I attended this school for the past four years. Thank you for considering me for this scholarship and I hope to hear from you soon!
At Big Sky I really like the diversity of writing/music classes. I also love most of the people here and found it easy to make friends (and that’s coming from someone who has struggled in that aspect). However, I notice that extracurriculars are mainly classes, aka you can’t do them after school. And there is so much I want to do but I only have so many classes I can take. The only extracurriculars are pretty much sports. Speaking of sports, I feel like they are very glorified here and get the most attention. I’d like for the arts to get a but more recognition. Overall though, I really like it here and I couldn’t imagine attending anywhere else.