Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Big Horn High School is an above average, public school located in Big Horn, WY. It has 133 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Big Horn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-66 Students
- B45 Students
- B+26 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-18 Students
- B16 Students
- C+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Homecoming is always active and a blast50%
- Quarterly assemblies for several recognitions50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Big Horn High School Reviews
Big Horn was a very good place to go to school. Very small; very personal. Any and all help was always offered because of the small class sizes. The music program is incredible, as is the teacher. The sports were amazing. During my time there, there were three principal switches, so it was a little hard to settle in all the way with all of the rules changing every year. Because of my difficulty settling in, I had a hard tie having lots of school pride. I tried to participate with the school as little as possible. Get my work done and get out. I'm a different kind of person though, so most of the other kids enjoyed it just fine. Overall a great school.
Big Horn High school is a very good school! The teachers care about all the students and help them wherever they can. The only thing I suggest is adding more clubs and activities that don’t have to do with sports.
The teachers are invested in how each student is doing, and this makes the learning environment much more accommodating. The opportunities for dual and concurrent enrollment have helped push me to perform at a higher level and prepare me for further education.