Biddeford High School is a public school located in Biddeford, ME. It has 786 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
20 Maplewood Avenue
Biddeford, ME 04005
Work Here? Claim Your School
Biddeford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+77 Students
- B+71 Students
- B69 Students
- A-38 Students
- C+34 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B27 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Biddeford High School
- C+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook Public Schools, ME
- 51 reviews
- CSanford High School
- Sanford Public Schools, ME
- 171 reviews
- B+South Portland High School
- South Portland Public Schools, ME
- 138 reviews
- C+Bonny Eagle High School
- Regional School Unit No. 06 (MSAD 06), ME
- 222 reviews
Biddeford High School Reviews
I loved my education at Biddeford High School. The teachers really care about the students and most do everything they can to help them succeed, there is great community spirit and support, and the education is accordingly challenging if you take the right courses. The honors program is excellent. Despite the bad reputation Biddeford gets, it really is a wonderful school to graduate from. It is a sports school, so if you are artistically inclined like myself, you might struggle more to get what you want out of your education or get administrators to listen; but there has been a movement which started a few years ago to grow the arts department and they now have a film class, piano class, and school musicals/a theatre society, so it's getting much better. Diversity is poor only because it is in Maine which is a mostly white state, but given the circumstances it does pretty well, welcoming a good number of African American, Muslim, and Asian-American students.
Great environment and many opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities. Teachers are hard working and taking extra time to adjust to the new grading system. Students here, like myself, feel safe coming to school to every day and are happy to work hard and prepare themselves for college. Teachers, especially of Ap classes push us hard to get us where we need to be in order to get a 3 and above on the test. It’s very nice to see that they are doing their best to help us excel and have an impact on our future. The principal and vice principal, along with our athletic director are very involved with students and do their best to make it to every game that they can, no matter what the sport is. Overall it is a very good school, with an involved staff, and a great community and general.
A lot of the teachers had favorites. For example if you weren't a student athlete some teachers didn't talk to you as much. Many of the teachers though, really cared about their students. Biddeford had good school spirit, but sometimes took sports way to serious. The food was not great, but what do you expect for a high school cafeteria. Overall I had a decent four years at Biddeford high.