Beverly High School is a highly rated, public school located in Beverly, MA. It has 1,276 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Beverly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A198 Students
- C+110 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-75 Students
- A-73 Students
- B+69 Students
- B+60 Students
- B58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Beverly High School Reviews
It has a nice environment, helpful staff and faculty- honestly it's really just average. Classes are alright, teachers do try to help out as much as they can- as long as you show that you're trying of course. The cafeteria food is terrible so most students just brings their own lunch, sports and clubs are a significant part in this highschool but in my opinion lack potential. Most students only join these sports and organizations for the credit rather than the passion.
After 9 years of private Catholic school, making the change to a public school when I started 9th grade was a big change, but Beverly High was a very comfortable place with a welcoming atmosphere where I felt I belonged. The teachers are fantastic for the most part, especially in the business and history departments. The best part is that there are plenty of clubs and activities for absolutely everyone.
The diversity in students is very good, with people who move into Beverly all the time and exchange students from Europe. There have been an addition of many Brazilians in recent years, but this was better to diversify the community. Students are very big on sports, music, and theater. On top of having a fall play that is directed by an English teacher, the musical which is directed by the choir teacher, we also participate in Dramafest. Dramafest is a regional competition in which a short drama of under 40 minutes is prepared, set up, and judged at meetings amongst other schools of the region.