Beverly High School is a highly rated, public school located in Beverly, MA. It has 1,244 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Beverly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A228 Students
- A+129 Students
- C+120 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-93 Students
- A-93 Students
- B+79 Students
- A+74 Students
- B71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Beverly High School Reviews
Overall a great school. Teachers are helpful and for the most part reasonable. Easy to get classes that you want to take as there are so many classes to chose from. Sports are really valued and competitive, and there are many clubs to chose from. The building is fairly new so it's pretty and there is plenty of free parking, and really good facilities for music and sports. I think the best part of this school is their laptop program, so every student leases their own mac book air over the four years, and if you want to keep it after graduation you pay like $1 once the lease is over and it's yours. For students that can't afford or choose not to lease/buy a laptop, there are plenty of loaners that students can use in class if they are needed for a lesson or assignment. Overall, for a public school, it is a high quality education, it's diverse, and safe! You can most definitely make a great high school experience here.
Overall, this high school thrives in its academics and its willingness to embrace new extracurriculars. However, it puts most of its emphasis on the science and math departments as well as the football team. There are plenty of interesting electives to choose from, but they are all taught by non-qualified teachers who've never professionally studied the topic in their life. Furthermore, several of the teachers have no other qualification for being there besides being an alumnus. While there are so many after school activities and programs like music, student participation is terribly low most likely due to smartphones, vape nation, and the pressure to take more AP classes than needed.
Beverly High School was, to put in small words, an eye-opening learning experience. Not only did the students and staff help me to realize my potential, they helped me to seek out my weaknesses. It's often said that weakness is a direct correlation to something bad or something that drags somebody down. However, BHS was quick to help me utilize those weaknesses to strengthen my understanding of unknown concepts and open the door to strengths I didn't know I had. Although Beverly High School did a stupendous job at trying to implement school community as a large part of student and staff lifestyle, I would like to see them open the doors to more student opinion on academic matters. I would like to see a little more consistency in the grading policy as it varies from class to class. All in all though, Beverly High School provided me with all the tools and skills that make me feel assured and fulfilled on my way to college.