Bettendorf High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bettendorf, IA. It has 1,467 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Bettendorf High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- A113 Students
- B+66 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+21 Students
- B16 Students
- A13 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Bettendorf High School
- A-North Scott Senior High School
- North Scott Community School District, IA
- 123 reviews
- A+Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Community School District, IA
- 172 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 298 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Davenport Community School District, IA
- 176 reviews
Bettendorf High School Reviews
Our school is very into sports, extracurricular activities and very much into the bulldog, black and gold spirit, but Bettendorf High School lacks in some things that are pretty important. We are very blessed with supplies and good facilities, but we don't have the most important thing that's needed for a high school, safety. Even though we have a security guard, our school has never felt like a safe place to anyone. Within one year we had a stabbing and a lock down lasting for hours for a school shooting, luckily no shots ended up being fired but Bettendorf students couldn't of felt more vulnerable. Alongside these, we have our everyday life threatening situations, bullies. Bullying happens a lot here, and teachers don't seem to do much about it. Trust me, Bettendorf can win any school spirit or football game anyway, but a trophy for safest school is something we'll never get.
There are a variety of clubs that reach out to a diverse group of people. For example, a popular club that has a large number is gaming club. Kids bring in systems or individual games and play with teachers and friends. The clubs are extremely relaxed and do not require 100% attendance and time commitment. The teachers who run the clubs are typically passionate about the club they are leading, making it a more enjoyable experience for others. Another school activity that is easily the most attended and most well known is the after school lifting program. Freshman, all the way up to seniors attend the intense workout program Bettendorf offers and it is taken very seriously, especially for football players. Attendance is expected four days a week and if an athlete is unable to attend, he is expected to make that day up.
I liked the engagement level of the teachers with the students at Bettendorf High School. I would like to see a change in the administration there, though, because lots of things that happen come down to politics and who you're "in" with. I would prefer to have an administration that genuinely cares about the wellbeing of the students, faculty, and staff instead of trying to advance themselves.