Bettendorf High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bettendorf, IA. It has 1,533 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bettendorf High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A226 Students
- A125 Students
- B+81 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+22 Students
- B18 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Bettendorf High School
- A-North Scott Senior High School
- North Scott Community School District, IA
- 126 reviews
- A+Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Community School District, IA
- 175 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 312 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Davenport Community School District, IA
- 178 reviews
Bettendorf High School Reviews
I do believe this school cover the important thing like education. Bettendorf High School also do fun random activite, example this week there a just for fun activitie we students can play basketball against the teacher there also something were we bring pop tabs in and put them in a bin with a teacher which ever has the most drinks a happy meal smoothie. I also haven’t found any teachers that isn’t willing to help you if you need it. There is also a thing called pride we’re you get a hour in the middle of the day of school to get help with teacher or just do something fun. My over all feeling of the school is great!
My old high school was a pretty great place, most of the time. I would say 4/5 teachers were very concerned with the well being of their students and strived to present their subjects in ways that would be interesting and educational. Some standout teachers that go above and beyond include Mr. Jacobs, Mr. Phillips, Mrs. McDaniel, Mr. Bonnstetter and Mrs. Cooper. However, the school is rife with small issues that prevent me from giving it the full 5 stars. As an example, many hours of the school day are wasted each year on rallies for sports games and other such frivolous activities that serve no educational value. Some teachers assign unnecessarily heavy workloads as well, especially in the math department. All in all, a nice school that wastes time here and there and is sometimes redundant but is above all else a great learning environment.
Bettendorf High School creates a very inclusive and encouraging learning environment. The school curriculum focuses on pushing students to be their best, while still allowing the individual to grow as a whole outside of the classroom as well. I have learned much more than simply answering questions on a page. I have gained many creative, communicative, and hands-on skills by just becoming involved in the countless clubs, activities, and organizations that this school has to offer.