Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Bethlehem Central Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Delmar, NY. It has 1,559 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Bethlehem Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus141 Students
- grade A+114 Students
- grade B+105 Students
- grade A+101 Students
- grade A+92 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade A minus80 Students
- grade B minus79 Students
- grade B72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 98 responses
- Spirit week19%
- Senior ball18%
- Pep rally15%
- Homecoming game13%
- Junior prom12%
- Senior skip day10%
- Senior events9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,794 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Bethlehem Central Senior High School
- grade A+Niskayuna High School
- Niskayuna Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 238 reviews
- grade A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 152 reviews
- grade AClayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 251 reviews
Bethlehem Central Senior High School Reviews
Rating 4.01 out of 5 199 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, I'm very happy with my time spent at BCHS. I had three years of high scoring academics, participation in multiple clubs (SPAS, GSA) and a lot of involvement in the theatre program, which is very strong. BCHS is full of talented teachers and has a strong culture. I have only two complaints. The first is a lack of diversity. I understand that the school is majority white because of where it is situated, but when the school does a climate survey and eighty percent of the students say there's no racism, the school should consider if that's because it is seventy percent white. However, my major issue is that i believe Bethlehem promotes a stress culture that is damaging to many, particularly their honors students. Students aren't just allowed but encouraged to take extra classes (skipping lunch) and to take an overwhelming number of AP classes. Guidance counselors are there to prepare us for college but don't really help or understand our mental health issues. That's all!
Bethlehem Central Senior High offers a lot of college preparation opportunities and assistance. It is a great academic school that offers a ton of resources that everyone should take advantage of!! The teachers are very encouraging and push each student to be their best. There is opportunity for all types of learners, and students are often able to achieve very personal relationships with teachers. The overall culture of the school is decent, although I wish it was a little more diverse. College is much different in the sense that you are exposed to so much more than what is held within the bubble of Bethlehem High. That being said, the school offers a variety of clubs and activities allowing each student to find their niche, whether it be sports, music, theatre, foreign languages, etc. I was able to find my own niche and create lifelong friends. I felt as though I was thoroughly pushed in and out of the classroom to be the best person I could be.
Bethlehem Central High School has very good academics and good teachers. The school is very good at promoting kindness and inclusion to the student body and, for the most part, reprimands students who are bullying and harassing others. However, the school lacks diversity, some teachers either give too much work for their class level or don't teach enough for their class level, and don't inform their students about things they should know very well. Overall, the school is very good but definitely isn't perfect.