Bethlehem Central Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Delmar, NY. It has 1,619 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Bethlehem Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A86 Students
- A+78 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+60 Students
- A58 Students
- B54 Students
- A53 Students
- B51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Bethlehem Central Senior High School
- A+Niskayuna High School
- Niskayuna Central School District, NY
- 203 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 37 reviews
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 222 reviews
Bethlehem Central Senior High School Reviews
I moved to Bethlehem mid Sophomore year. From the start of my transition to a much bigger school the teachers were willing to help ease the adjustment and transition process in any way possible. The staff were always very friendly and willing to help and I made new friends within weeks of moving. The overall transition was a great success, I now have many more friends and the staff/faculty is just as helpful as ever. I can say that come graduation I will be able to look back with a positive experience at Bethlehem Central.
Of course movies like High School Musical gave me an unrealistic expectation of what high school is really like, but I would say I was pleasantly surprised with high school. Academically I am in many challenging courses so on that front it's been a lot of work, but I expected that. What I did not expect was the spirit that our school has. One of my favorite school events was Spirit Week which is the game before homecoming. Throughout the week people are dressed in crazy themed outfits and finally on Friday everyone is all decked out in school colors. There is probably a 95% participation school wide (including the teachers)! Based on this sense of community I would definitely choose to attend this school if I had the chance.
We have tons of clubs ranging from language clubs (Latin and Spanish) to the school musical, the Shakespeare play, sports teams galore, History bowl, science bowl, masterminds, jazz band, gay-straight alliance, gender equality club, speech and debate club, star wars club. We haves lots of clubs for students to choose from, and if they cant find something they like students are welcome to start their own club! All they need is a teacher to agree to supervise and have it in their room.