Bethel Park High School is an above average, public school located in Bethel Park, PA. It has 1,510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Bethel Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A254 Students
- A+224 Students
- A-159 Students
- B101 Students
- A+82 Students
- B-80 Students
- B-76 Students
- C+75 Students
- A+68 Students
- A-65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Bethel Park High School
- ASouth Fayette Township High School
- South Fayette Township School District, PA
- 182 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 324 reviews
- B+South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- A-North Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 365 reviews
Bethel Park High School Reviews
Bethel Park High School has an incredible arts and music program that receives many awards and a strong academic record. However, the school is dragged down by inefficient and out-of-touch administration. Same-sex couples couldn't attend dances together until 2015! It also suffers from a severe lack of diversity due to being in a predominantly white neighborhood. The mandatory abstinence-only sexual education is a downside as well, and provides sexist, biased, religiously motivated, and unacceptably judgmental sexual education.
Bethel Park High School has very good extracurriculars as far as sports and music go, but is not so concerned about academic extracurriculars. Their academic program is good, but not the best in the area. Bethel in general does not really seem to care about the opinions of its students and faculty on important decisions, such as e-hallpass, and rather relies on its school board or central administration to call shots completely instead.
I really enjoyed how dedicated the teachers were to ensuring students were able to learn and grow in a class setting moving at a comfortable rate. However, there are some downfalls, such as teachers that ignore the bustling extracurricular schedules of busy students. Also, many students wish to terminate the usage of eHallpass.