Bethel Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bethel Park, PA. It has 1,540 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Bethel Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A188 Students
- A+173 Students
- A-114 Students
- B70 Students
- B-60 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-54 Students
- A+53 Students
- C+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Bethel Park High School
- ASouth Fayette Township High School
- South Fayette Township School District, PA
- 163 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 311 reviews
- A-South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 190 reviews
- ANorth Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 336 reviews
Bethel Park High School Reviews
This school has a wide array of activities to take part in, for just about anything as well. I have taken part in the activities of BHTV (a student run morning news/TV broadcasting) program, BPHS Stage Crew, and though it's not an official "extracurricular activity", our Symphonic Orchestra takes part in local events outside of school hours. All of these organizations require you to be very involved and often have tough/stressful work, especially during musical for stage crew and preparing for our spring trip in the orchestra, but the work is still fun and the experiences that go with it make up for it. Other activities such as our marching band are very widely recognized as top notch programs, and BPHS is just as known for the marching band as it for its athletics programs like the football team. So whether you're an artsy or musically-inclined student or are into athletics, the extracurricular opportunities are abundant for all!
My experience at Bethel Park High School overall, was pretty good. There's quite a bit of diversity. There is also a wonderful program with kids who have special needs. A lot of the special needs kids are very popular and do some of the sports that are offered here! The athletic program has a lot of funding and sponsorship. We tend to put athletic above academics a lot. The music department has a lot of opportunities, just like the school as a whole.
Growing up and graduating Bethel Park school district was a pleasure. I think the academics where great because the courses you could take an assortment of courses. Some of the courses that you could take are AP and honors level. The classes you take help you prepared for college. The school cared a lot about our safety. Overall, Bethel Park High school cared about what matters your safety and your journey toward college.