Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Bethel High School is an above average, public school located in Shawnee, OK. It has 367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Bethel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A91 Students
- A87 Students
- B76 Students
- B53 Students
- B-48 Students
- C+40 Students
- C+30 Students
- C29 Students
- B22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Bethel High School Reviews
There is absolutely nothing I would change about Bethel High school. It is such a great environment! Everyday I would wake up ready for school because it is so amazing. It wasn’t just a school, it was my second home. The teachers are like your bestfriends/ role models and your classmates are like siblings. Not a lot of people can say that because they go to big school but that’s the benefit of going to a small school, you know everyone. I can even count how many great memories I’ve made in the past 4 years there! But each and every one has a special place In my heart. I hate that my year got cut short but I’m so thankful for all the memories I’ve made and it makes me cherish them just a bit more.
Bethel is a very tight-knit community with a high standard for academic excellence and encourages its students to always exceed expectations. I just graduated this year and I will miss everyone at this school, from the incredibly hardworking teachers who care so much for their students, to my classmates who over the past 13 years that I've gone to this school I have grown very close to. I will cherish all the memories I've made here and I hope other students will make the most of their time there and enjoy it because it's a great school.
I generally am an optimistic person so I may not be seeing my school in a neutral light but my experience last year as a student was very fun. The school and its accompanying resources, attitude, services, and facilities are all pretty meh. The student body and a decent portion of the staff are the great part. The student body is an interesting bunch with all of their own stories so it was great getting to know people last year. Most of my teachers were passionate about their field made sure we all knew that. It was fun getting to know them as well. Overall, it was fun Bethel. Let's do it again!