Bethel High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bethel, CT. It has 896 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bethel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A166 Students
- C+135 Students
- A+54 Students
- B53 Students
- B-50 Students
- B49 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+43 Students
- A43 Students
- B-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Bethel High School
- B+New Milford High School
- New Milford School District, CT
- 224 reviews
- A-Pawling High School
- Pawling Central School District, NY
- 78 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 575 reviews
- ACarmel High School
- Carmel Central School District, NY
- 279 reviews
Bethel High School Reviews
I liked the atmosphere of learning and the opportunities this school provided me with. I enjoyed the wide variety of clubs, applied studies, sports, and organizations my school offered. I appreciate the effort my school has put into constantly changing and improving. I would however like to see better chances for the students to voice concerns!
Excellent schools, five in the district, three elementary, one middle, one high school. Schools are all in a district, making it very safe. Most sports fields are in the area, after-school activities at all of the schools. At the elementary schools the teachers are dedicated. Middle/High schools offer plethora of sports and clubs, encouraging students to get involved. Various levels of classes available at the high school level, including AP and College level classes. Partnered with UConn to offer certain classes.
As a graduate of Bethel High school, I can say it is a very good school. They have a variety of classes students can participate in from world languages to music and arts to wood shop and culinary. They have lots of extra curricular activities. The teachers care about the growth of the students and they form incredible relationships with the students. They challenge the students and are always ready to help them when students ask. In addition, they do a fantastic job ensuring students are prepared for college. I would be hard pressed to find something to change about this school.