Bethel High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bethel, CT. It has 897 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bethel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A138 Students
- B-108 Students
- A+44 Students
- B+44 Students
- B41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A37 Students
- B37 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Bethel High School
- B+New Milford High School
- New Milford School District, CT
- 191 reviews
- B+Pawling High School
- Pawling Central School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 531 reviews
- ACarmel High School
- Carmel Central School District, NY
- 257 reviews
Bethel High School Reviews
I liked the atmosphere of learning and the opportunities this school provided me with. I enjoyed the wide variety of clubs, applied studies, sports, and organizations my school offered. I appreciate the effort my school has put into constantly changing and improving. I would however like to see better chances for the students to voice concerns!
My experiences at Bethel High School were extremely memorable. I have had some tough teachers who taught me the proper way to study and to write essays. I loved the atmosphere at Bethel High School, as the school thrived with school spirit during pep rallies and spirit week. I also loved playing on the sports teams at BHS. Although we were not good at sports, I have made some amazing friends in all grades due to the amazing coaches and attitudes. I would change the capstone experience that is required by all students because it was not very helpful to our future and created unnecessary stress on seniors during the time to apply to colleges.
My overall Bethel High School experience has been a good one. It is not a big high school but not small either. It contains a group of different ethnic students with different cultures and races. Academically, the teachers are very good teachers and care about their students greatly. Also, the sports teams are pretty good with coaches who devote their time and fans who support. Overall, the atmosphere at bethel high school was a safe, academically challenging, fun and motivating. Bethel high school kept me working hard and on track while also making sure I had fun. It made sure we stuck to the rules so that we didn't do anything we regretted. I can easily say bethel high school has been the best 4 years of my life and has prepared me for the future.