Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Bertie High is a public school located in Windsor, NC. It has 522 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Bertie High Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- B26 Students
- A+25 Students
- C+21 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
- A+17 Students
- B-16 Students
- C+14 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- I love the homecoming pep rally33%
- Marching band17%
- Baseball season8%
- Pep rallies8%
- Talent Show8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Bertie High Reviews
I like my school because it has some really cool teachers who make the lessons interesting and really make you want to work hard. I love my school because the company is great. The teaching staff offer a lot of support, our facilities are good, our standard of learning is excellent. I would make separate areas for kids of different ages, then there would be less bullying from older kids towards younger kids.
The willingness to help the students achieve their goals. The school quit their stem program after her 10th grade and did away with honors classes. I feel that if they had of continued she could’ve been more prepared for college and gotten a higher gpa. She was 10 th in her class.
At Bertie High it feels like a family there, of course we have bad days too, but overall this school has helped shape my future.