Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Bertie Early College High School is an above average, public school located in Windsor, NC. It has 175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Bertie Early College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B58 Students
- A+33 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-21 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Bertie Early College High School Reviews
I really enjoyed the college experience, since it helped me prepare for actual college courses. The only things I would change would be the library and the attitude of some of the staff. Since funding to the early college was minimal, the library was both outdated and almost empty. The computers in there were an older generation that ran outdated software and took longer than it should have to boot up. Yes the experience was great but being able to use such a vital resource would have been phenomenal. I would also wish to see that the attitude of some of the staff would change. Certain teachers prioritize other students, some teachers only provide busy work and minimal teaching, some teachers simply wish they weren’t there and take it out on their pupils. A teacher should want to educate the next generation of society, not harass and ignore them. Overall, my experience was a decent one, but I would have loved for it to have been a perfect one.
The teachers and staff at Bertie Early College are always helpful with students' work and needs. Some of the teachers there like to get snappy with the students, but in the end, everything is resolved. They make sure to help you keep your grades up and attend classes every day. The lunch is almost always good as well.
My experience at Bertie Early College was a great one. The staff and students are nice and filled with school spirit. I have met the most wonderful people here, and getting closer to the staff opened many opportunities for me. The school is very small, so everyone knows each other and it's just like a big family.