Berne-Knox-Westerlo Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Berne, NY. It has 368 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+24 Students
- B14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B-10 Students
- A9 Students
- C+8 Students
- C8 Students
- C7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Berne-Knox-Westerlo Junior/Senior High School
- C+Schoharie High School
- Schoharie Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- B-Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School
- Middleburgh Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- B+Mohonasen Senior High School
- Rotterdam-Mohonasen Central School District, NY
- 103 reviews
- B-Duanesburg High School
- Duanesburg Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
Berne-Knox-Westerlo Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Some of the teachers are absolutely fantastic: they are caring, approachable and really seem to go the extra mile. Some others, however, aren't very helpful, or go out of their way to help students or do their job to the best of their abilities. I feel the English and Social Science teachers are the best teachers in our school. Many are caring, approachable, and VERY knowledgeable. Some of the social science and English Teachers are probably some of the best in the state. For Math department, many of these teachers aren't as approachable, or comprehensible. (There are a couple exceptions) The greatest complaints come from the math department. Science is hit or miss. Some of these teachers are truly passionate, others are not. Inconsistency on the administrative roles can be the cause of some of the flaws in the school's system, or with the instructors. Teacher favoritism towards some students is also an issue and frustrates students and impairs their ability to really absorb what they learn or approach teachers, however, this can be a common issues among most schools.
Berne is not a horrible place but some of the teachers and staff are lacking, others are amazing really not a horrible place.
Not a lot of students participate in extracurriculars other than athletics, mainly because there aren't a lot of options, but administration is working on it.