Bernards High School is a top rated, public school located in Bernardsville, NJ. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Bernards High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A118 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+83 Students
- A72 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Bernards High School
- A+Westfield Senior High School
- Westfield Public School District, NJ
- 240 reviews
- A+New Providence High School
- New Providence School District, NJ
- 84 reviews
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Board of Education School District, NJ
- 340 reviews
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 211 reviews
Bernards High School Reviews
I enjoyed my full four years at Bernards High! I made tons of friends, created great relationships with my teachers, and prepared myself for a world of success as I moved on to college. All of the teachers made it very clear that they loved their jobs, which made me excited to come to school every day. The curriculum that teachers taught for AP courses my senior year prepared me for college classes, which I am incredibly thankful for. Most of the population of other high school students here were friendly, and I never really witnessed any bullying. The atmosphere at this high school was very safe. There were lots of resources, with the guidance office being a tremendous help with anything you needed, all hours of the school day. The only thing I would change about my high school was the cafeteria food! Other than that, I quite enjoyed my experience at Bernards High!
I love this school so much! Sporting events are amazing and the academics are even better. I wouldn't want to attend any other high school, and I'm so proud to say I'll be graduating from here in just a few short months!
Great school! Many supportive teachers and stuff. The school offers many rigorous courses. The school offers many courses online as well. The teachers are great, although, some can be on the mean side.