Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Berlin Middle School/High School is a public school located in Cherry Plain, NY. It has 391 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Berlin Middle School/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A7 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Berlin Middle School/High School
- BWahconah Regional High School
- Central Berkshire Public Schools, MA
- 89 reviews
- AColumbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 172 reviews
- B-Tamarac Middle School High School
- Brunswick Central School District, NY
- 46 reviews
- B-Hoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Hoosick Falls Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
Berlin Middle School/High School Reviews
I only personally went to the Berlin High School, but the experience was GREAT! There they have clubs for almost anything and if you don't see what you want, you can post an add in the newspaper and get a teacher to help you start up a club REALLY easily. The staff there are also diverse so if you don't like one teacher, then don't fear because there are multiple teacher per subject so you are never without an alternate resource to draw from! The councilor know exactly what they're doing too, they can show you exactly what needs to be done and when and will follow up if you need it. You can go to ANY of the teachers for ANYTHING and they will always help I highly recommend!
Coming from another school, I have a different perspective on the school. Compared to other schools, the staff has a higher academic standard and they better prepare you for exams. They also go out of their way for clubs and other activities.
Berlin is a small country school with dedicated teachers. Although location limits some opportunities it is a friendly and close knit community. Good connection with community college. Great clubs and after school activities. Sports program is small but new facilities are currently being built to improve program. Safe school where everyone knows your name. Many current teacher are former students themselves.