Berlin High School is an above average, public school located in Berlin, CT. It has 953 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Berlin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A188 Students
- B111 Students
- B+88 Students
- B73 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-62 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Berlin High School Reviews
My overall high school experience has been truly rewarding. I have surrounded myself with a diverse group of friends who all have different strengths and talents. My teachers have been very helpful, they treat you not only as a student, but as a person. They understand high school is tough and that home life can be stressful as well. They show much personality within their teaching. I have decided to do something completely unlike of me my Senior year and do the school musical. I was welcomed with open arms and met new people that I would have never gotten the chance to talk to before! I am overall very pleased with my high school experience and wouldn't doubt that many students would agree with my statement.
Berlin High School offers a plethora of courses for both core and exploratory classes. Teachers and staff are (for the most part) kind and understanding and willing to help students as individuals. Unfortunately, the school has become a victim to the town's budget cuts. Several of our best teachers have been laid off and many elective programs have been canceled. (Most important of which being language classes) BHS is a beautiful school but its seems if budget cuts continue it's going way downhill.
I have been attending Berlin High School for the past three years now. My time here has been pleasant so far. At Berlin High School, I have built strong, personal connections with the staff. The environment at this school is very positive as well as motivating. The staff at Berlin High School are very invested in their students and encourage them to be their best selves, both in and out of the classroom. I have also created many friendships here at Berlin High School and have found that everyone is very inclusive and friendly.