COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Berkeley Carroll is following a hybrid schedule this year with a combination of in-person and remote learning. No visitors are allowed on campus. Please go to our website to learn more and speak to our Admissions Office. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade B+
Berkeley Carroll is a top-rated private school in Brooklyn with a 7:1 student-to-teacher ratio. 100% of students go on to attend a 4-year college; in 2019, 94% of seniors were accepted to a college in the "Highly Selective" category.
A passion for learning is at the heart of Berkeley Carroll. This school is a creative and intellectual community where devoted teachers challenge and engage talented students. Walk through the halls and you'll see classes where intellectual curiosity is encouraged, with students investigating, performing, sharing insights and perspectives, asking questions, and solving real-world problems. The demanding curriculum and vibrant civic life prepares its diverse graduates for success in college and for the greater endeavor—a life of critical, ethical, and global thinking.
Upper School Commencement
Berkeley Carroll School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade A32 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A+21 Students
A Focus on Critical, Ethical, and Global Thinking
Berkeley Carroll is a creative and intellectual community where devoted teachers challenge and engage talented students. The academic curriculum is enriched with the arts and athletics. It prioritizes student-driven learning, offering students opportunities to pursue their passions, and prepares them for success in college and the greater endeavor—a life of critical, ethical and global thinking.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
- Candle lighting16%
- Diversity Day16%
- Spirit Week16%
- Choir Concerts14%
- Plays and Musicals8%
- Sports Day8%
- Basketball Pep Rally5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C
Berkeley Carroll School Reviews
The student atmosphere is inclusive and fun! For example, the basketball team practices 2x a week for 5/6th graders. Everyone who wants to play does!
The teachers are on it! BC teachers are subject experts with a clear plan. In fact, the plan is communicated clearly to parents and students. I know exactly what my son is studying and when.
The teachers also work with each child on individual basis. I have seen in increase in both academic confidence and resilience.