Bergenfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bergenfield, NJ. It has 1,174 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Bergenfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A240 Students
- B232 Students
- B190 Students
- B163 Students
- B-149 Students
- A-138 Students
- A-120 Students
- B+119 Students
- A+116 Students
- C+115 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 112 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Bergenfield High School
- B+Weehawken High School
- Weehawken Public School District, NJ
- 75 reviews
- A-Queens Metropolitan High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 28, NY
- 235 reviews
- BPace High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 2, NY
- 137 reviews
- A-New Milford High School
- New Milford Public School District, NJ
- 99 reviews
Bergenfield High School Reviews
Bergenfield High School is full of opportunities. They provide multiple Advancement Placement courses to get each student prepared for college. These courses as well as the Dual Enrollment courses especially are helpful when applying to college/university because you can send the credits! Sending these credits help new/current college students skip some first year classes to advance into their intended major courses. Providing these classes is very helpful because it helps students save a bit of money while also helping them jumpstart their education into what they plan on studying in university. Hope this review helps!
I really enjoyed the conversations I would have with my teachers. The care and effort that they put into their students really moved me. It came to me that they live for their students and are always willing to go the extra mile for their student's success. Being apart of the Highschool band really was an enjoyment. The comradery between my peers was moving and touching, they always wanted to push each other towards being better than yesterday. Our football games helped us students to unite against other schools and put our ego aside. Our school was able to unite my peers without failure. The school administration would endless and tirelessly to promote a safe and healthy learning area for my peers to learn and be educated, without any fear of bullying.
Bergenfield High School is a beautiful school to grow up in. The community is diverse and filled with students of all personalities. Our principal is amazing—every morning he greets us outside, no matter the weather. Most of the teachers I’ve had, are more than teachers, they are also mentors and guiders. As students, we are given so many resources and opportunities. With so many Advance Placement courses and Dual Enrollment courses, the school prepares us students for college. I am a proud student at Bergenfield High School.