Bergen County Technical High School - Teterboro is an elite, public, magnet school located in Teterboro, NJ. It has 658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Bergen County Technical High School - Teterboro Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A177 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+74 Students
- A71 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Bergen County Technical High School - Teterboro
- A+Bergen County Academies
- Public School
- Hackensack, NJ
- 420 reviews
- A+Dr. Ronald E. McNair Academic High School
- Jersey City Public Schools, NJ
- 217 reviews
- A+Montclair High School
- Montclair Public Schools, NJ
- 311 reviews
- A-Yonkers High School
- Yonkers City School District, NY
- 904 reviews
Bergen County Technical High School - Teterboro Reviews
I am currently attending Bergen County Technical High School in Teterboro. Overall, I enjoy going here! However, when it comes to academics, this school is very challenging. The change from 8th grade to a freshman at BT was insane! The workload was very different from my district town's. I would say that this is also a very stress-inducing school, thus why I am putting down four stars.
Bergen Tech is a great school with very rigorous and demanding academics, but it is definitely worth it. There is a selection of AP classes that are available and decent guidance counselors that truly help during the college process. The students are very competitive, especially the top students, which can seem scary at times. Clubs and activities are alright; they are lacking some activities but you can always start a club. School sports are not talked about much and not many people go to games or have school spirit. Teachers are great and very approachable except for very few. Personally, I would like to see more diversity, especially in terms of African Americans. The academics once again are very challenging which intimidate and are a struggle for many students, but it is manageable.
I am currently a junior at Bergen Tech. Bergen Tech is a great school that prepares you for college. It is a stressful amount of work because of its college level courses, but it definitely helped me become a better person academically. The bt teachers are very helpful and easy to communicate with as well as the students. The only thing I could complain about it how competitive everyone is and how conscious everyone is about their grades. Other than that bt is a great school!